Last fall we dug up some of our asparagus crowns in an attempt to split them to have more asparagus in the future. I’m not entirely sure how to do this, but after a few internet searches I found some helpful sites and videos. Digging up the crowns was a chore. They had gotten so big, it was difficult to find the perimeter and loosen them enough to pull out the entire mass. Once I got it out, I did my best to tease out the individual crowns. Then I planted them in our backyard, covered them with mulch and am hoping for the best. Overall, 2 crowns were split into 23 new plants! If you have experience with this, I’d love to hear about it.