The potatoes are finally ready for harvest and so are the leeks. That can only mean one thing – vichyssoise for dinner! Or leek potato soup for those of us who can’t spell, let alone pronounce the French (I think) word. Anyway, here’s how I make it, but as long as you have some mixture of the ingredients below you can’t go wrong.
3 Tbs. butter
2 leeks, white parts only
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
salt and pepper
1 cup cream
Chives and yogurt (optional)
- Rinse and cut leeks and onions into chunks
- Saute in butter until translucent
- Chop potatoes and add to pan, cook for a couple of minutes
- Add stock (enough to cover)
- Bring to boil and then simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15-20 minutes)
- Let cool and then add cream and blend together
- Enjoy warm, hot, or cold. Add a garnish of chives and a dollop of yogurt.