Bay Branch Farm

a vegetable farm in lakewood and cleveland, oh | we grow food

experiment #57


ok, so i really don’t know what experiment number this is, but here’s details on another try at the homestead…..quasi cold frame:

cold frame fixings

cold frame fixings

we used one of our tomato bins, mixed in some worm casting from the vermicompost, and planted some arugula, lettuce, and spinach. we watered them and then covered the whole shebang with an old storm window to create a greenhouse effect that will keep the seeds warm and lead to germination….will update when we see something growing!



2 thoughts on “experiment #57

  1. That looks like a great experiment! Let me know if you need any help with that ….

  2. we have spinach, collards, and snap peas coming up and looking good. actually have a small break between cold/warm weather with nothing to plant for a few weeks. we moved one of our squares last weekend to a sunnier location and now just waiting til 4/10 for the last frost to plant our hot weather varieties.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s