What is the best value in Northeast Ohio for those interested in urban farming? In my opinion, hands down, without a doubt the answer has got to be the 12 week Market Gardener Training Program offered by OSU Extension. Not only do you learn great stuff, such as info about urban soils, business planning, soil fertility, and season extension, but you also get a great deal more, including:
- 2.5 hours of training each week for 12 weeks
- a great network of people with whom to share, engage and collaborate
- soil sample test
- books and handouts to read outside of class
- decent food during breaks
- guest speakers that are the doers on the ground
Morgan Taggart leads the class and is a great resource and facilitator. So glad we are taking this class together….lots to learn and lots of experiments to try this season.